Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Superficial

You're the best,they say.
And they love me!

You’re beautiful,they say.
And they want me!

My heels are broken.
My knees are bruised.

My eyes are open.
My lips are glued.

There's no icing on the cake now.
I’ve run out of that sweet stuff.

And my grandma just died.
So I can’t come out to play.

You’ve changed,they say.
They realize I'm human too.

I see the superficial.
They come and go.

God is real and in his hands,I will be clean.
Free of the superficial,free of the dirt.


(Please wash away everything that hurts.)

4 comments:

  1. New to this blog of yours (: GREAT writing! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting! I just became one of your followers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!!! you write very well. FireFox, that's my daughter "Texan Teen" lol Where have you been? I miss you. I hope you and ultra are in good healthy and iman ameen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salam ff
    can you ask ultrablue to contact me via email please
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete