Thursday, December 10, 2009

I dare

"Do you dare touch my scorned face?"
- A Blessing in Tragedy


I remember how your eyelashes curl
How could I forget the palm of your hands?
Or the lines around your mouth as you smile?
When you've brought back the moon
And the fire in my hair

Darling...
Save the facade for the outside
Even the best of hereos fall and cry
Don't be fooled by my silence
And lay here inside with me
inside of me, safe with me

I see the man underneath it all
The blankets, the screams
And the blood that you wear
doesn't scare me as much anymore

I'll be the woman who dares
to stay forever this time
If you let me

I'm no saviour
But I'll be there

I'll be there
Now will you let me?

No goodbyes this time

4 comments:

  1. Salam Alikom dear! you write really well! masha'a'Allah!!!! I am following you! come follow me. I love that you started being active in replying! I would LOVE LOVE to meet you! someday!!!!! If you need a friend! (((((((hugs))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. as-salaam aleikum wa rahmatullah,

    sis Firefox. AMAZING MashaAllah.. I love this poem. it sent chills down my spine.

    its amazing when you can be the one to tear down the walls a person has put up-- or to be the person who had found someone to tear down his/her own wall.

    and its amazing to find someone who will just be there no matter what... the good and the bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wa alaikum al salaam. *hugs* Aww thanks ladies! I feel fortunate whenever anyone lets down their protective guard and opens up to me. I know how much it takes.

    P.S I didn't expect any comments and just noticed these! I kinda am more into reading and commenting on other people's blogs. I'll be sure to follow you both. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and check out my fiance's poetry. Now he is the real poet.

    http://shadowsweed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete